Sunday 17 March 2013

Parisian style


So in preparation for my upcoming move to Paris my mum bought me the book 'Parisian chic' by Isabel Marant. I have been using this and other means to ready myself for the daunting world of Parisian chic. No one wants to be the obviously English girl stumbling around after one too many jagerbombs with a skirt riding up her derriere and heels clomp clomping. (Yes I've been there).


Yes dat be me... I know I know

So from this book and other more conventional means (i.e. the subscription to Vogue which has been a huge part of my life since forever) I have pieced together my idea of Parisian chic for a date so here are all my ideas mostly so that I can look back on them when I am in Paris and hitting the dating scene with  I hope some ridiculously sexy French men and for when I am tempted to pull out the red playsuit my mother dearest has attempted to ban me from wearing. 
So before I give my date outfit ideas and my idea of date fashion rules, I have to share my little secret that I am so reluctant to share because all the good items I want might go but hey ho here we go: 

http://vestiairecollective.com/ - It's like ebay for the fashion minded. It's kind of like a charity shop if everyone donating were chic French women, fashion houses, stylists, those who change their wardrobe every week to fit in with new styles. I am completely addicted, I scroll through and bookmark everything I fancy. It can still be expensive but it's a fraction of the price of normal stuff and much easier to save up for the stuff. 

Here are some of my finds:





You can also sell stuff and get much more money than on ebay! I sold my vintage clutch pictured here


I will be renewing my dating wardrobe with the help of the website (literally translated shared wardrobe) so here are my ideas for appropriate outfits for the big occasion: 


Date night






Well I would have to disagree a little bit with Isabel in this case (brave I know). I think on a date one must put their best foot forwards, I tend to go for a very classic look. However, I will either opt for tight bum hugging trousers or a lowish top. Never both! I would love to wear high heels and if dating a tall man I would however at 5"9 I tower over a lot of men without. It is too cold to think about anything else so this is a very wintery look, I tend to wear smart trousers in rotation with different shirts and blazers. In the summer I brighten things up a little- red or printed trousers with a white blouse and nude heels is a favourite. I also love wearing floral summer dresses with leather biker jackets and converse (for a daytime date). Hair and make up are equally important on dates.

I used to be an avid follower of a particular dating book and although my faith in this book crashed and burned some advice has always stuck with me. The particular advice I am referring to is that boys like long hair and they like it down and tamed. Disagree with me if you like but my personal research has proved it to be true. Minimalistic make up for the daytime, I always go for the bronzed, nude lipped look (with optional brown eyeliner) and lots of mascara. I do the same in the evenings with the addition of smokey eyes and possible natural false lashes. 





Lesbehonest we all like to be comfy but dates are not the time to forgo style for comfort. For a day date an elegant loose knit sweater is totally acceptable but then must be compensated for by some DUM DUM DUM... tight, flattering trousers. Dating is all about flaunting what your mama gave you!!

Have a look at my look good, feel good board on pinterest for more style ideas! 
Thanks for reading! Any comments welcome.

Bisous,

A x

1 comment:

  1. Very nice choice :)
    I like the IM shoes and the Zadig&Voltaire hat !
    You're beautiful


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete