Friday 15 March 2013

BIRTHDAY!!!!




IT'S MY BIRTHDAY I'LL GET HIGH IF I WANT TO (Drake)
BIRTHDAY SEX BIRTHDAY SEX (Jerimih)
ALL I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY IS A BIG BOOTY HO (2 chains)
CAKE CAKE CAKE WANNA PUT YOUR NAME ON IT (Rihanna, Chris Brown)


IT'S MY BIRTHDAYYY EEEEEEEEEE HJKSHKJAFHDS (A very excited Alice) ... well it's tomorrow.


I love love love love my birthday, always have always will. I get excited for it like a menstruating woman for chocolate hehe... and silly, very silly. Silly comments, silly laugh, silly dance, silly nights, silly drunk, silly money. I know it's pathetic, I know it's self centred but I can't help it. I love the kind words and the presents and the attention and the sparkles and just all of it. I have had some epic parties, from the fairy party at age 7 complete with fairy makeover, castle cake, castle, fairy dust to the crazy house parties and the Nobu and clubbing nights then back to London hotel rooms. Each year I want to be crazier than the last.

This year I have decided to be a bit more grown up about the whole thing (although I still secretly want it all). I did not request any presents and I am having a small girly pre drinks at university before clubbing and taking a couple of close friends for dinner in London. Ok ok ok I might be having a little celebration for my little clan who can't come to either later during the easter holidays too. But for me I am keeping it low key this year. I thought I would share with you my little tips for a cute girly pre drinks and also some general birthday tips that I have learnt over the years.

1. Say no to the booty call: some pervy boys from your past will inevitably take your birthday as a perfect excuse to message you and try to rekindle the flame that only ever really slightly flickered. Do NOT under any circumstance succumb to such nonsense. You do not need any heartache or boy related issues on your birthday- have fun with your girlies!
MMMHMMM YOU SAY IT!!

2. Milk the F out of it! Free drinks, free taxis, free everything... Soo many shops, clubs, restaurants offer free things on your birthday and there is never any harm in asking. I always google where offers birthday deals or freebies. What's more your friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, family all owe you birthday treats... Polly put the kettle on?


3. Let them eat cake! No seriously, eat all of it. Abandon all diets, calories don't count on your birthday and drag your friends down with you. Birthday cakes are amazing and expensive don't waste them. Eat whatever the hell you want

4. Take photos: I'm always so stressed and busy making sure everyone has fun I forget and I regret it every year. There are always photos I'm just never in them!

5. CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always get so stressed that I forget to have fun, maybe this is just me but I needed to say it even if it was only for my benefit.

One day...

So although I'm a student and everything, it was my birthday (and my dad plus credit card was in Birmingham) so I went to M&S for supplies. I bought:
    • pomegranate lemonade, berries to freeze, white wine and elderflower cordial for a punch
    • chocolate brownie tray bake
    • pink plastic wine glasses
    • salted caramel popcorn and peanut butter and caramel popcorn
    • white chocolate and strawberries with melted caramel 
    • crisps in flavours: plain, lobster cocktail and parmesan, truffle and asparagus (both veggie so suitable for all guests) & sour cream and chive dip, smokey chipotle dip
    • chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered popcorn and sweets to make a trail mix
    • vodka and cocktails in bottles such as cosmo fizz
    • Parmesan and red onion bites
I also went to fallen angel bakery to order 6 cupcakes and a large cupcake cake:


They do the most amazing cupcakes so I couldn't resist getting 3 for my lovely housemates, Deli and Kaz. I got mint aero, red velvet and a chocolate decorated with a large sugar rose. In my opinion, their red velvet is the only one which comes close to rivalling the all mighty hummingbird red velvet. The staff are very friendly and their cakes have a quaint homemade appeal.

In my opinion, the key to good hosting is to have a large selection of things that nearly everyone loves. It is always better to be over prepared than under prepared. Also presentation never goes amiss. Never underestimate the appeal of homemade treats. I normally would make vodka jelly but I think I already went a little overboard.The punch is amazing and was a birthday version of my super cheap and easy standard uni punch:

Classy but cheap uni punch:

A litre bottle of lemonade any brand
A large bottle of any cheap white wine 
A glug of vodka or gin (optional)
Frozen berries (from fresh or a large pack- can get very cheap from Aldi)
Cordial (lime or elderflower)/ peach juice/ cloudy apple juice/ coconut water to taste

For birthdays flavoured fresh lemonade is amazing... in lychee or pomegranate or passionfruit

Mix together then add straws or simply scoop in cups

Dels watching me prepare with her BOO mug

Salty caramel popcorn, peanut butter popcorn, chocolate covered popcorn, chocolate pretzels

White chocolate cream cheese and strawberries



Picking up my birthday cake 


 Pressies and cupcake stand

Pressies!!!

Sporting my new Topshop necklace


Used frozen fruit instead of ice for the punch

Skittles cupcake

Presents from my housemates

Table nearly done

Our matching eye bracelets to ward off evil!
White chocolate cream cheese strawberries drizzled with caramel




Red velvet cake with chocolate covered strawberries my mum made me 

All in all was very successful got some amazing presents, 3 incredible cooking books, beautiful jewellery, some shoes, cute little love potion raw chocolate bar and a little book called how to stay sane! Should come in handy... Please forgive me for the ridiculously long post, still getting the hang of this and well it is my birthday!

Hope you enjoyed now back to my birthday celebrations!

Bisous

A x



No comments:

Post a Comment