Sunday 17 March 2013

Coffee circus

So yesterday I went with my sister and auntie for a light lunch in crouch end. I thought this place was definitely worth sharing! Crouch end is a completely new area to me and within the first 10 minutes of visiting I had mentally rented my first apartment there, joined the local gym and opened up my own little kooky cafe. I loved the laid back non try hardy vibe. My auntie led the way and took us to the eclectic and kind of magical cafe, coffee circus.




We fancied a light lunch of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon but as difficulty in getting out of bed is a family trait it was 4 and the kitchen had just closed. Nevertheless there was an array of tempting treats we could choose from the counter.
















I had my heart and stomach set on scrambled eggs so i waited it out but my sister chose a chunky chocolate brownie which I can vouch for as a good choice. We all had green tea. This was served in our own individual pots which were mismatched and so frickin cute!










I later saw them in Oliver bonas and was very tempted until I sensibly considered how likely I was to need a teapot at uni. The green tea was delicate and particularly nice. Our experience was improved by eavesdropping on the cool local crowd and listening to the relaxed African music. They also had local art for sale which was not my style but added to the very unique atmosphere.



The decor was a jumble of things, it felt rather odd in a way that had you conjuring up the idea of old fashioned circuses where anything goes. In fact the whole idea was kind of reminiscent of the club cirque du soir which is in central London and I love. The wallpaper was made of newspaper cuttings and dotted with paintings. The home ornaments and bookshelves made us feel very cosy tucked away in our little stone walled nook.
















The overall experience was really lovely for a quiet afternoon tea with a twist. I would definitely recommend this for the average janes who like to venture into the artsy world of being edgy sometimes!












After we were done we mooched around the shops and I spotted some other really amazing looking cafes and sweet shops. We stopped into Oliver Bonas which I can never get enough of. I bought the book domestic sluttery by a fellow lifestyle blogger and some other really cute bits. It was a really fun day.
Hope you enjoyed this post and you'll visit the cafe if you ever venture into crouch end!
Bisous,
A x


No comments:

Post a Comment