Saturday 20 April 2013

How to be spontaneous

I have been meaning to share this for a while. My best friend, Abi and I always seem to have the best nights out ever. For a long time I have been pondering why this is and in fact for the best part of four years I had concluded that we were each other's lucky charms. However I have recently realised it is not that all. Despite our sparkling personalities and unbelievable beauty (ahem) we possess one quality together that not many people truly have. And this is.... DUM DUM DUM

Spontaneity...

And hence I thought I would share my little lesson into how to have a successful night out by using a case study: two Saturday nights ago.

Have you ever seen the movie yes man with jim Carey? Well I have and the moment he starts saying yes to everything he goes on all these adventures and frankly has the best time for a while. Now I'm not suggesting that you say yes to drugs or yes to carrying something that someone gave you onto a plane! I'm not even suggesting saying yes to sex with handsome strangers. I am simply saying give yourself a chance to have a good time, loosen up don't be closed minded and be positive.

Onto the case study partly because I love telling the story and partly because I think people could learn from it! So we had agreed to meet two guys who we had mutual friends with for drinks in nobu. It was entirely spontaneous and we were not romantically interested in either of them but all the same we dolled ourselves up and off we trotted. It was awkward at first although we bumped into the god himself Matthew Williamson.

We then moved onto le salon (a club in Old Burlington street) we literally danced the night away continuing with our positive attitudes plus some positively smashed dance moves.

























Then my starting spontaneous moment came, the elusive and highly good looking AP came up to me and said 'how spontaneous are you'. I mean at this point I can't be sure anyone would say no to those brown willy wonky chocolate eyes or that perfect amount of stubble. But if you would have DON'T unless you're a boy or a girl who's not into boys. At this point I said 'very' and followed him outside to apparently "find a cash point" down a dead end road...
Without a shop in sight... (Remember I already knew him well I'm not an idiot)

Anyway AP and I kissed for a few minutes which were apparently an hour before I returned to my new best friends. At this point they were outside in the smoking area deciding the next plan of action. This is where abi had her starring spontaneous moment. 'I wanna go to the langham'. Off we headed to the renowned and respected hotel to ask for two rooms at 3am in clubbing clothes. Not my most dignified moment. But it was an epic night which concluded with a hilarious breakfast and an amazing story to recount!







The boys footing the spontaneous bill

So next time you feel that no coming on, have a good think...

Abi's comment on it all: No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.
:) same shit different day for us haa xx

Bisous,
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment